<HTML><H3>Data Distribution Export Setup</H3></HTML>
On this page you have to specify the changes you want to detect and report with Sprinkler to the remote system. This page is populated with a list of all existing tables on the database.
- Action Toggle Visibility: switch between the listing of all tables (default) or the tables currently configured for the referred Peer.
- Menu Menu Replicate: shows the advanced functionalities to replicate immediately the selected table to the currently Remote Peer.
All configurations on this page are referred to the peer shown into the field Peer Server ID
- For each table you can choose to detect every INSERT, MODIFY, DELETE and/or RENAME transaction;
- On an INSERT transaction, you can choose to detect and report all or even a limited set of fields; among this set, only the not-empty fields at the time of INSERT statement will be reported (this is relevant in case of DelayedInsert); the fields composing the Primary Key will be reported in any case.
- On a MODIFY transaction, you can choose to detect and report all or even a limited set of fields; note that any modification to a key field is reported as a RENAME.
- On a DELETE transaction, only the fields composing the primary key will be reported.
- On a RENAME transaction, only the key fields will be reported, (both with original and modified values). Please refer to page RENAME Important Topic for more informations.
- It is possible to setup one or more fields on a table to be read-only, or even the whole table; it is also provided a setup to disable the RENAME operation for a table.
- Every INSERT, MODIFY, DELETE, RENAME report is a single atomic operation, belonging to the same transaction of the trigger OnDatabaseInsert, OnDatabaseModify, OnDatabaseDelete or OnDatabaseRename of ApplicationManagement codeunit.
- <html><span style=“color:red;”>Please remember that Sprinkler is NOT AWARE of the meaning of a specific field value. The most important example is the [Dimension Set ID] field: if you copy this value from an Environment to another, you never get the same set of Dimensions. We are working on this topic to offer an easy solution to replicate the Dimensions changes in a future Sprinkler release. Please remember to exclude this field from your actual replication schema.</span></html>
- FlowFields are not considered by Sprinkler, and will not be reported under any circumstance.
- Fields of datatype Media, MediaSet, OemCode, OemText, TableFilter are not considered by Sprinkler at this time, and will not be reported even if modified.
For each table you can then specify:
- Report Insertion with possible values:
- blank - no INSERT operation will be reported,
- All Fields - all the not-blank fields (at the time of INSERT) will be reported,
- Some Fields - the AssistEdit button opens the Fields Selection page for the detailed configuration: only the requested fields will be reported, but only if not-blank at the time of INSERT.
- Report Modification with possible values:
- blank - no MODIFY operation will be reported,
- All Fields - all the modified fields will be reported,
- Some Fields - the AssistEdit button opens the Fields Selection page for the detailed configuration: only the requested fields will be reported, but only if modified.
- Report Deletion with possible values:
- blank - no DELETE operation will be reported,
- All Fields - only the key fields will be reported,
- Some Fields - the AssistEdit button opens the Fields Selection page, but only the key fields will be reported.
- Report Rename - if set, every RENAME operation will be reported; only the Rec and xRec Primary Key fields will be reported.
- Force Read-Only - if set, any operation detected on a record will trigger an ERROR on the same transaction of the detected operation: the operation will be then reverted with a rollback.
- If set, the only User allowed to modify the table is the Data Distribution Service User. Note that the handling of incoming data to be insert to this table is always possible.
- The ERROR will be raised only if the operation is detected: this flag will not effective if all Report Insertion, Report Modification and Report Deletion are blank.
- If a table is set as Read-Only, this affects both manual and automatic operations (validations, triggers and so on); in this case, the only User enabled to modify such field or table is the Data Distribution Service User declared in Data Distribution Setup.